VFP9 grid header tooltip
Allen
2013-05-24 10:25:49 UTC
Hi foxgang
Looks like I have just been bitten by a microsoft bug that they can't be
bothered to fix.
I wanted tooltips in grid headers and it seems they managed to put a bug in
VFP9 (at least SP2) to not allow it.
I have seen a workaround that involves an access method in the grid tooltip
text but the grid is placed on the form and is not a class so I cannot do
that.
Anyone know of a workaround. TA
Al
Allen
2013-05-24 10:38:21 UTC
I managed a sort of workaround I am not over happy with. In the header mouse
enter and leave I set the grid tooltiptext to the same as the header.
I does not seem to update well though if you go from one header to another.
Al

Looks like I have just been bitten by a microsoft bug that they can't be
bothered to fix.
Paul Newton
2013-05-24 10:40:08 UTC
How about the header MouseMove ?

2013-05-24 11:49:52 UTC
Hi Paul
It would still need to be empty on exit which would involve code all over
the place. I think the problem is the time the tooltips take to go away
after setting it to ""
Al

2013-05-24 16:38:11 UTC
Must be something in SP2. I have tooltips on my grid headers, and have
never had a problem. I just checked, and yes, I'm still on SP1. Never
did the complex job of installing both SP2 and the set of hotfixes,
runtimes, etc.

Dan Covill
San Diego
Al
John Weller
2013-05-24 22:52:08 UTC
I seem to recall this was a bug that Dave noticed when SP2 first came out.

John Weller
01380 723235
07976 393631
MB Software Solutions, LLC
2013-05-28 17:12:31 UTC
Post by John Weller
I seem to recall this was a bug that Dave noticed when SP2 first came out.
Bugs introduced in VFP9 SP2 will be fixed in VFP 10. <gd&r>
--
Mike Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC
http://twitter.com/mbabcock16