[NF] Trying to configure Yahoo email account to Outlook Express
MB Software Solutions, LLC
2009-07-17 14:05:49 UTC
I'm having problems getting yahoo mail to work with Outlook Express.
I've been following this:
http://arunchullikkal.wordpress.com/2009/03/01/incoming-and-outgoing-mail-server-settings-for-hotmail-yahoo-mail-gmail-aol-and-others/

...but still no joy.

Digging into it now but wondered if anyone out there was using a local
mail client (ANY mail client) successfully with a yahoo email address?

tia!
--
Mike Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC
http://twitter.com/mbabcock16
Kurt Wendt
2009-07-17 14:15:53 UTC
I use Thunderbird for ALL my e-mail access at home - and I use it to
access MULTIPLE e-mail accounts. And, if I am not mistaken - at least
ONE of those is a Yahoo e-mail address tied to my e-commerce Gallery. So
- I am assuming you SHOULD be able to do it with FF TB!

-K-

Mike Babcock, MCP
a***@comcast.net
2009-07-17 14:17:46 UTC
I found this on Yahoo

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html

[excessive quoting removed by server]
MB Software Solutions, LLC
2009-07-17 14:51:15 UTC
Post by a***@comcast.net
I found this on Yahoo
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html
She doesn't have the Plus email account. Just the freebie. We're going
to try that if I can't get it to work with TB.
Fred Taylor
2009-07-17 14:55:19 UTC
I don't hink the freebie Yahoo account allows access except through the web
interface. They changed that a few years back, because it used to
work. They wanted to hit me up for $19.95 a year if I wanted to continue
using it that way.

Fred

MB Software Solutions, LLC
2009-07-17 15:14:06 UTC
Post by Fred Taylor
I don't hink the freebie Yahoo account allows access except through the web
interface. They changed that a few years back, because it used to
work. They wanted to hit me up for $19.95 a year if I wanted to continue
using it that way.
You're right...the network guru here just confirmed that. She paid the
$20/yr so now I'm trying the Plus option configuration.
Malcolm Greene
2009-07-17 15:06:37 UTC
Post by MB Software Solutions, LLC
I'm having problems getting yahoo mail to work with Outlook Express.
To humor Ted :)

F-A-S-T-M-A-I-L
www.fastmail.fm

I promised myself I wasn't going to reply, but the timing was just too
good. (yeah, I know ... bad geek humor)

Malcolm
Michael Madigan
MB Software Solutions, LLC
2009-07-17 19:05:59 UTC
Post by Michael Madigan
You csn't do it with a free account, it has to be a paid account.
Got it working with the paid account now. Thanks!